Knud Holscher was born in 1930. After graduating from the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in 1957, he worked at Arne Jacobsen’s renowned architectural office from 1960 to 1967, assuming responsibility for various properties around Europe.
After moving to England to construct St. Catherine’s College, he received his first British Design Award in 1965 for his collaboration with Alan Tye. He returned to Denmark in the late 1960s, marking the start of his work with the architects at KHRAS (Krohn und Hartvig Rasmussen), which would continue for several decades.
He also worked as a professor of architecture at his alma mater. In 1995, Knud Holscher finally opened his own architecture and design studio at an unusually late stage in his career, and he’s since been working for customers like Erco, Georg Jensen and Royal Copenhagen.